Publisher Paradox Interactive and developer Triumph Studios have announced the upcoming expansions and premium content for Age of Wonders 4as well as opened digital pre-orders.
The standard edition is priced at $49.99. The Premium Edition is priced at $89.99 and includes the game, Expansion Pass, Aric Rex Ruler, Lion Plate Armor Set, Athlan Crown and Imperial Cape.
Get the details below.
Age of Wonders 4 invites players to rule a fantasy kingdom of their own design, in a mix of strategy, role-playing and turn-based combat. Powerful Wizard Kings have returned to the realms to rule as gods among mortals, and players will rise to challenge their rule by using Tomes of Magic to unleash mystical destruction and evolve their armies, gaining new abilities and forms. For the first time in the series, players can create their own custom factions, leaving their mark on countless worlds through every choice they make.
IN Age of Wonders 4 Expansion Pass, players will receive the following content:
- Archmage outfit – The Wizards of Magehaven dress to impress, and represent their big personalities and ambitions. This outfit pack unlocks a new set of clothes that you can wear as a whole, or that can be mixed and matched with other items in the game. The Archmage Attire Pack will be available immediately upon launch Age of Wonders 4 for all Premium Edition players.
- Dragon Dawn – Embrace the power of the ancient dragon lords in Age of Wonders 4 “Dragon Dawn” Content Pack. From your dragon throne, forge empires inhabited by reptilians and use draconic magic to evolve your people into dragon hybrids. This content pack includes a new Dragon Ruler type, a Reptilian Form, and New Tomes of Magic, and will launch in Q3 2023.
- Empires and ashes – Mortal empires rise again from the destruction wrought by the Wizard Kings! IN Age of Wonders 4 “Empires and Ashes” expansion, players fuse magic and steel to unleash devastating war machines to drive Godir back into the Astral Sea. Scheduled to launch in Q4 2023, this full expansion includes a new culture, new Tomes of Magic, new Empire Building options, and a new Story Realm.
- Primal Fury – Channel Nature’s Spirits in the Age of Wonders 4 Content Pack “Primal Fury”. Create races using new animal forms and a primal culture, with new Tomes of Magic that harness the hidden powers of nature and the Fey realms. Your surroundings will be able to contain new forms of wildlife, creatures and abundant resources. Primal Fury will be available in Q1 2024.
- Eldritch Realms – The one Age of Wonders 4 The Eldritch Realms expansion opens portals to realms filled with mystical wonders and unspeakable horrors. New forces threaten the rule of Godir of Magehaven. With new strange monsters, new racial forms, magical realms and locations, this full expansion will bring a new dimension to the game in Q2 2024.
Age of Wonders 4 coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC via Steam, Epic Games Store, and Microsoft Store on May 2.
Watch a new trailer below.